Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm still alive

Hello everybody who ever reads this. I haven't written anything for some time now, because frankly my life is pretty boring at the moment. I mostly just go to work at roaring springs as a lifeguard and come home exhausted. Other than that, I'm wakeboarding whenever I get the chance, riverboarding when I can't get to the lake, and sitting around wasting time.

Here's a slightly boring turn on the riverboard:






One exciting thing did happen this past week at work though. I was at the top of the drop-slides (deep pool at the bottom since the riders fall into it...) and there were 4, yes four kids that hit the water at the bottom and started freaking out. I had to call the supervisors over for each one, and I think the guy at the base was getting sick of hearing "code 100 at the bottom of drop" Anyways, after those 4 kids in a half-hour we rotated and I was at the bottom. It went fine until the end when the guard at the top warned me about a kid who wasn't so comfortable swimming. I got down on the steps ready to give him my floaty, but yet again he hit the water and started freaking out. so since he didn't even see me i had to swim up behind him and pull him out.

... saving someone is a little less cool when the girl in front of you did it 4 times.



Here's some pictures of other things that have happened since the last time I said anything.


Prom:



(I was very excited that I got to wear a brown tux)



We had a few adventures during the day:





We threw a party with Ms. Kennings:




We watched the sunset from tablerock on the last day of school:



And yes.... I graduated.

1 comment:

The Harpers said...

Wow Dustin, so many exciting things going on! Glad to hear you've survived them all.