I'm going to Laos!
But chances are if you were one of the two or three people who actually followed the link to this blog, you already knew that.
I originally started this blog in high-school to make fun of how much time my friends spent on facebook. My freshman year of college I kept it up every few weeks or so, but I’ve since realized that it’s a lot more efficient to just call my mom and tell her about my life instead of writing about it online, knowing that she and maybe two others would actually read about it.
This summer, I’m actually doing something somewhat unique so perhaps there will be a few more people interested to read about it. I’ve already gotten a really expensive shot and a long enough supply of anti-malarial drugs to keep me going through the summer.
So, why am I even going? During my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I was assigned to teach the Gospel in the Laotian language. So, I speak Laotian and Thai pretty well, but I have yet to visit Laos or Thailand. My main means of justification is that I’ll be volunteering in a few English schools; The Church’s (Deseret International Charities), and another school: The Compassion English Academy. With the extra time I have I’ll hopefully have some time to visit potential employers (I will graduate someday!) and maybe ride an elephant. I’m leaving June 20, and I’ll be back at the beginning of August.
Here’s what I need from you: If you (or anyone you know of) has any extra books, any reading level (in English), both English schools could really use some more. Also, any extra white shirts you have would be helpful.
This is going to be the best summer ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment